Some people may be wondering why I write these posts each night. Why would I want to share private family matters with everyone? Isn't it embarrassing to let people know that your family hasn't got it all together?
I will break these two questions down:
Why would I want to share private family matters with everyone?
- Because I need my family and friends to pray for my family
- We need the prayers to be specific
- We need a support system
- We need advice from others who may have been in similar situations
- This is real life, it's hard and we need to stand together
Isn't it embarrassing to let people know that your family hasn't got it all together?
- No, pride would cause me to be embarrassed and pride isn't helpful
- No, it's exhausting to act like your family is perfect
- No, we can't make things better without letting people in to our lives
- No, by sharing, we may be able to help other families open up about their situation
In just the past few weeks by sharing what we are going through, we have learned that many people we know have dealt with similar situations. It seems like the more we share, the more people open up about their experiences. By standing together and lifting each other up in prayer, we can help one another.
Lord, please continue to work in my daughters life. Help her to overcome the anger and confusion that is driving her behavior. Lord, shield her from the evil one and wrap her in your arms. Lord, help other families in similar situations to lean on each other. Lord, protect our children from the evil one who is spreading confusion and lies. Help us as parents stand in the gap on behalf of our children. Give us wisdom Lord to see the tricks the enemy is playing in the minds of our children. In Jesus name, Amen.